Trump proposed a 50% tariff on imports of goods from the EU from June 1
US President Donald Trump has announced the need to impose a 50 percent tariff on imports of goods from the European Union starting June 1, 2025. He made the corresponding statement on his Truth Social platform.

Trump has accused the EU of unfair trade policies, including VAT, non-tariff barriers, currency manipulation, penalties for US corporations and “unfounded lawsuits”. According to him, this leads to an annual US trade deficit with the EU of more than $250 billion.
“I am recommending the introduction of a direct tariff of 50% on goods from the European Union, starting June 1, 2025. This tariff will not apply to products manufactured or assembled in the United States,” Trump said.
He also said that negotiations with the EU were “not progressing” and called the current situation “absolutely unacceptable”.
Read also
EU completes agreement on trade agreement with US
Soybean meal exports from Brazil exceed last year’s figures
Almost 200 mln tons of cargo were transported through the Ukrainian Black sea corr...
Brazil moves to reverse EU ban on meat exports
Another Russian ship carrying stolen Ukrainian wheat is heading to Turkey
Write to us
Our manager will contact you soon