Ukraine. The significant drop in air temperature had no adverse impact on winter crops
– Warming occurred in early January, when freezing weather gave way to thaws;
– Winter grains are rated fair, their plants are green;
– The significant drop in air temperature seen on December 21-31 had no adverse impact on crops;
– Owing to snow cover in the fields, soil temperature at the tillering node depth of winter wheat (3 cm) during the severest cold spell did not fall below -2-6ºC;
– As of late December, the calculated killing temperatures for medium-hardy varieties of winter wheat were -10-15ºC depending on the plant growth stage;
– As of January 5, neither ground nor hanging ice crusts were observed in winter wheat fields in most of the territory, UkrAgroConsult reports.
– Precipitation in the form of rain and sleet promoted rapid melting of snow and ice crust.
Weather forecast for January 13-16:
– Weather forecasts suggest that regular temperature drops, mostly at night, may lead to the formation of ice crust;
– Precipitation (2-10 mm) is expected in most of the country. The western, northern and eastern regions are set to receive 10-15 mm;
– Air temperatures will be -7 …-9°C in the daytime, -11…-13°C at night in the West; -9…-11°C in the daytime, -14…-16°C at night in the North; -8…-10°C in the daytime, -13…-15°C at night in the East; -7…-9°C in the daytime, -11…-13°C at night in Central Ukraine; -4…-6°C in the daytime, -7…-9°C at night in the South.
More detailed information on the latest trends in grain exports, supply and demand balances with breakdown by crop, price behavior, crop conditions and progress in harvesting/planting in the countries of Black Sea Region is available to subscribers for Online Analytics “Black Sea Grain” in the new innovative tool for agri market participants – AgriSupp by UkrAgroConsult. Subscribe to a 7-day free trial!
Start using analytical data and increase your efficiency now!
Register to get your demo access: http://agrisupp.com/en/register/1
Tags: Ukraine, grain, crop condition
Ukrainian grain exports amount to almost 44.8 million tons
Ukrvynprom initiates the introduction of a special duty on imports from Georgia an...
In Ukraine, the reserves of productive moisture in the soil are decreasing, and tw...
Ukraine reaches the finish line of the sowing campaign
Sharp rise in biodiesel imports hits EU rapeseed market – FEDIOL
Write to us
Our manager will contact you soon