Oilseed Market Analyst
Ukraine: Positive expectations for the flax market in 2023/24
– Flax area (+20% compared to 2021/22 MY, the highest for the last five seasons);
– Yield (-44% from the record high of 2021/22 MY, the lowest for the last four seasons)
– Harvest – 27.5 K mt (-34% compared to 2021/22 MY);
In 2022/23 season, share of linseed exports in the harvest fell to 67% compared to 83% the previous year as other countries production increased impressively:
Flax exports in the 2022/23 – 17.6 K mt (-49% compared to 2021/22 MY), the EU is the main importer.
Season of 2023/24
In 2023, the area planted to oilseeds increased due to the higher oilseeds profitability compared to cereals, including flax, which is no exception despite being a niche crop:
– The area is expected to increase to the maximum for the last 6 years;
– Yield at the level of the average of the last three years (lower moisture discouraged high yields);
– the 2023 Flax harvest expected to reach 40 K mt.
Flax export potential (+14% by 2022/23). The level of exports will traditionally depend on the demand from EU countries, as well as on logistics in a war situation, which remains one of the most pressing issues.
Full version of the article is available to subscribers of ‘BLACK SEA VEGOIL’ Weekly Report by UkrAgroConsult.
Request a free a sample report and apply for subscription here.
Be confident with your business and trade strategy based on professional analysis and forecasts of the Black Sea agri market.
Romania launches night navigation of the Sulina estuary of the Danube: this will i...
BLACK SEA GRAIN-2024: Agenda Highlights
India allows duty-free imports of yellow peas
Future Polish Prime Minister Tusk promised to immediately unblock the border with ...
Ukraine has increased its forecast for this year’s grain harvest
Write to us
Our manager will contact you soon
//= do_shortcode('[contact-form-7 id="284" title="Бесплатная консультация"]'); ?>