The 2022 sowing campaign completed in Ukraine
Agrarians of Ukraine have fully completed the sowing campaign. Projected crop areas under the main spring crops for the 2022 harvest in the territory controlled by Ukraine amounted to 14,163.4 thousand hectares, which is 2,752.9 thousand hectares less than last year (16,916.3 thousand hectares), according to the Ministry of Agriculture policy and food of Ukraine.
According to the operative data of the structural subdivisions of the regional state administrations, which ensure the implementation of functions on agro-industrial development as of June 16, 2022, the sowing of spring crops has been completed. In total, 95% of the projected area is sown, which is 13.4 million hectares.
According to the results of the 2022 sowing campaign, the biggest changes in the structure of crops concerned wheat, corn, sunflower and soybeans.
The area under spring wheat and soybeans remained at the level of the previous year. The area under sunseed decreased compared to last year, but insignificantly and maintained a high figure of 4 million 702 thousand hectares.
There was a reduction in corn crops: this year 4 million 639 thousand against 5 million 500 thousand hectares last year.
Thus, according to operative data, all categories of farms have sown:
- spring wheat 191.1 thousand hectares;
- spring barley 951.4 thousand hectares;
- spring rape 34.1 thousand hectares;
- oats 159.3 thousand hectares;
- peas 131.0 thousand hectares;
- buckwheat 75.3 thousand hectares;
- millet 49.5 thousand hectares;
- corn 4,639.4 thousand hectares;
- sugar beets 180.6 thousand hectares;
- sunseed 4,702.7 thousand hectares;
- soybeans 1,212.6 thousand hectares;
- potatoes 1 104.2 thousand hectares.
According to the State Statistics Service, sowing of winter crops for grain for the 2022 harvest was carried out on an area of 7.6 million hectares, including:
- 6.5 million hectares of winter wheat and triticale have been sown,
- rye sown 109 thousand hectares,
- barley sown 969 million hectares.
In addition, sowing of winter rape was carried out on an area of 1 million 414 thousand hectares.
In fact, the new strategy now is short term tactical actions. How to turn raw grai...
Ukrainian agricultural logistics is gradually getting back on track
Subscribe for Daily, Weekly, & Monthly Market Reports on Grains and Oilseeds ...
Ukraine. Successful rapeseed season against all odds
UkrAgroConsult: Ukrainian grain export, 2022/23, forecast
Write to us
Our manager will contact you soon